Low vision service providers offer valuable information about the mobility aids and technologies available that can help a person with low vision to maintain independence.
When visiting a low vision service, the following questions will help you gain the maximum benefit from the service:
- What impact could there be on lifestyle due to low vision?
- Are there any specific devices, aids, lighting and resources that will help me at home, work and in social situations?
- Is any training required for aids and technology – and how can this service be accessed?
- What other support is available?
- Are there any self-help or peer support groups?
Clear communication will help maintain a good working relationship between the person with low vision, their eye care professional and their low vision service provider.
The person with low vision and their family and friends are in the best position to advocate for their support. It is important to investigate with persistence, ask questions which are of concern and obtain information that gives satisfaction.
Read more about low vision.
Find a low vision service provider here.